Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Has plastic surgery helped ANY actress?

The Internet seems to be abuzz about Renee Zellweger, who no longer looks as she did for the first 44 years of her life. Here are the old Renee and new Renee::





Zellweger has attributed the change to a healthier lifestyle, which pushes credulity past the breaking point. (A healthier lifestyle doesn't fundamentally change the look of your face, unless you were obese or rail-thin.)

I'm not interested in debating whether she should have had work done; she has the right to change her looks if her self-esteem depends on them. But I wonder whether jobs depend on them.

I'm aware that male Hollywood producers and actors think 45-year-old men can be rugged and sexy, while 45-year-old women have passed their primes. (I just saw a trailer for "The Gambler," starring 43-year-old Mark Wahlberg and 25-year-old Brie Larson. I don't think she's playing his daughter.)

I'm merely wondering whether plastic surgery has ever helped an actress' career. Has some producer said, "Wow, that 45-year-old used to be dowdy, but now I want her to star opposite Brad Pitt in my epic about the Revolutionary War"?

Jennifer Gray modified her Semitic looks after "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and "Dirty Dancing" and headed straight for obscurity. Meg Ryan had work done a few years back and has appeared in just one feature film since: the upcoming "Ithaca," which she herself directed. I can't think of a single actress whose career became busier or more significant after noticeable plastic surgery.

Though I have mixed feelings about Renee Zellweger as an actress, I always thought she looked uniquely appealing. Now she looks generically attractive, interchangeable with other shiny blondes. (When I first saw the photo above, I thought she might be Kristin Chenoweth.) I wish her well, but what was the point?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL -- And Womyn constantly tell themselves that the "Wall" doesn't exist....that "Real" men should love a woman regardless of what she looks like or acts like...meanwhile they have multitude of criteria (i.e. 1. 6'1" or higher, $150k income, fascinating career, funny, confident, etc, etc). Yet we don't have the right to 'judge' other women.....

And when they've had enough of the thug carousel, they'll look for some beta provider who will 'accept them as they are' when they reach 35+ with fewer options to marry.....

And so many women continue to wonder...."Where have all the good men gone?"

Answer: We've left the plantation!

Anonymous said...

As a young male, 25, successful (STEM degree making almost 6 figures with nary a problem finding attractive women to date), I for one won't fall in the trap of marrying an American woman. The juice simply isn't worth the squeeze....

MGTOWHQ.COM !!!

Mark Caplan said...

If facelifts count as plastic surgery, maybe you could count Marlene Dietrich as one actress whose career was extended by the procedure.

Anonymous said...

Good point. Dietrich looked fundamentally the same after having work done -- a little younger in appearance, but with no major changes. Grey, Ryan, Zellweger and many others have not. I think Liz Taylor also had facelifts to extend her career, but she remained Liz Taylor (so to speak).

Anonymous said...

Every 2014 Oscar nominee for Best Actress is at least 40; four of the five are 45 or over.

Amy Adams - 40
Cate Blanchett - 45
Sandra Bullock - 50
Meryl Streep - 65
Judi Dench - 79

Four out of the five Best Actor nominees are under 45:

Chiwetel Ejiofor - 37
Leonardo DiCaprio - 39
Christian Bale - 40
Matthew McConaughey- 44
Bruce Dern - 78

Anonymous said...

Your comment is apt (though the OCD part of me needs to mention Adams was 39). I wish Hollywood producers and actresses would think about facts such as this one when casting films or cutting on their own faces, but alas....

Thomas Hardy said...

Thanks for best information sharing i also like and share for promoting your blogs site cause i have very pleasure however if you want to know more about plastic surgery please visit the site k michelle butt implants

Unknown said...

Professionally written blogs are rare to find, however I appreciate all the points mentioned here. I also want to include some other writing skills which everyone must aware of.
ฉีด ฟิลเลอร์

yamutec said...

I always curious to know more about how we can enhance our skill, how we can improve our portfolio to add some attractive certificate. I got some valuable points through this blog. Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty

Unknown said...

Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one. Plastic Surgery In Seoul

Jeson Devid said...

I don’t think many of websites provide this type of information.Michigan Plastic surgery here is their website https://www.surgeongate.org/